Tigers still seeking first win of 2005
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 28, 2005 2:09 AM
JACKSONVILLE -- Jacksonville Northside scored on a 2-yard run late in the first quarter, accounting for all the scoring in a 7-0 win over James Kenan on Friday.
The Tigers fell to 0-2 on the season as they have scored just six points in the first two weeks.
James Kenan, which lost three fumbles, had nine first downs to the Monarchs' 10. Statistically, the game was fairly even as Northside outgained the Tigers 178-151.
Kenan travels to take on Farmville Central this Friday for its third straight road game.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series