By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 29, 2005 1:55 PM
WILSON -- Wayne Christian defeated Community Christian 26-24, 25-10 and 25-8 in a three-game sweep on Friday.
The match was held at the Eastern N.C. School of the Deaf.
The Eagles were led by Traci Davis, who served on 11 points with Kelli Kosuda contributing a career high of 10 in a row to help Wayne Christian take the second and third games.
The Eagles (2-2 overall) improved to 1-2 in Carolina Christian 1-A Conference play and will host Wayne Country Day on Monday in non-conference action.
pair of matches
Faith Christian's Elizabeth Clarke had four kills, four digs and one block over the weekend as the Conquerors dropped a pair of matches.
On Saturday, Faith fell to Cornerstone 25-13, 25-20, 25-12, while Berrean of Fayetteville took Friday's match 25-9, 25-6, 25-12. Alyssa Hill and Kaitlyn Floors were applauded for their overall play, while Rebecca Smith and Kristina Phelps provided good sets.
The Conquerors travel to Victory Christian on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series