By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on September 4, 2005 2:15 AM
CLINTON -- Princeton's Decarius Scarboro carried 18 times for 127 yards with one touchdown as the Bulldogs jumped out to a 6-0 lead after one quarter, before falling 39-28 at Union on Friday.
Union led 39-14 going into the fourth quarter, but the Bulldogs battled back to score 14 unanswered in the fourth quarter to push the score to its final margin.
The loss puts Princeton at 0-3 heading into Friday's contest at home against Midway (1-1).
Patrick Gatewood added two rushing touchdowns and 36 yards on the ground for the Bulldogs and also completed 4-of-9 passes for 40 yards through the air.
In the second quarter, Princeton's Michael Radford blocked a punt, then returned it 20 yards for a touchdown.
Union, of the Class 1-A Super Six Conference, out-gained the Bulldogs 433-237 on the game.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series