Mount Olive cross country
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 5, 2005 1:49 PM
BUIES CREEK - Tim Insley finished fifth out of 11 runners in the men's competition and Ashley Baldridge placed eighth out of 27 runners in the women's competition among non-Division I schools in the Campbell University Cross Country Invitational Saturday at Buies Creek.
Insley, a 2004 All-Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference honorable mention, ran the 5k course in a time of 18:10. Corey Doub placed seventh with a time of 19:22, followed by Charles Eason in eighth at 19:35. Kevin Acree finished 10th at 20:51.
On the women's side, Baldridge ran the 4k course in a time of 19:01 in her first collegiate meet, placing eighth out of 36 runners. Tamika Goff placed 13th at 20:12, while was 19th at 21:53. Becky Garrod placed 22nd at 22:31 and Mary Hare was 36th with a time of 26:32.
In the women's team competition, scored in dual match format, Mount Olive defeated Chowan, tied with Salem and lost to Barton and Meredith. The Trojans were one runner shy of competing in the men's team competition.
Mount Olive competes in a pair of meets next weekend as the Trojans run in the UNC-Wilmington Invitational Friday, then compete in the UNC Pembroke Invitational Saturday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series