Warren makes Pittsburgh roster
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on September 5, 2005 1:49 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Southern Wayne and University of North Carolina graduate Greg Warren made the Pittsburgh Steelers' final, 53-man roster heading into the 2005 regular season.
The 6-foot-3, 252-pound long-snapper joins a Pittsburgh team that won the AFC North Division last year and finished 16-2 overall -- marching all the way to the AFC title game before falling to the eventual Super Bowl champs, New England. The Steelers open the regular season at home against Tennessee on Sunday after a 3-1 finish in the preseason.
Warren (6-3, 252), a long-snapper, was signed as an undrafted free agent and will wear No. 40, according to the Steelers' website. Mike Schneck, Pittsburgh's long-snapper the last five seasons, also joined the team as an undrafted free agent in 2000.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series