Mills Cup -- Frederick takes commanding 2-0 lead
Published in Sports on September 12, 2005 2:02 PM
FREDERICK, Md. -- Garrett Olson, just four months removed from pitching in college at Cal Poly, tossed seven shutout innings, striking out six, as the Frederick Keys defeated the Kinston Indians 6-2 to take a 2-0 advantage in the Carolina League Championship Series.
Jeff Fiorentino went 4-for-5 with a solo homer to lead the Keys offense.
The Tribe's Kevin Kouzmanoff had a two-run home run off David Haehnel in the top of the ninth inning
Game 3 of the Championship Series will beginning at 7:05 p.m. tonight at Grainger Stadium in Kinston.Adam Loewen will take the hill for the Keys against Kinston's Sean Smith.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series