Princeton still searching for first win of 2005
Published in Sports on September 18, 2005 2:08 AM
PRINCETON -- Princeton's Jonathan Gatewood finished with 105 yards rushing on 12 attempts with one touchdown from the quarterback position as the Bulldogs suffered a 32-7 loss at home to Chatham Central on Friday night.
The effort was a career-best on the ground for Gatewood.
Gatewood's touchdown run -- a 24-yard jaunt early in the second quarter -- tied the game at 7-7. The Bulldogs trailed 13-7 late in the first half and missed a 38-yard field-goal attempt that would have cut the deficit to three at intermission.
The score remained 13-7 until late in the third quarter as Chatham Central posted 19 straight points to close out the game.
The Bulldogs finished with 228 yards of total offense.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series