Peavler named CVAC Player of the Week
Published in Sports on September 21, 2005 2:10 PM
MOUNT OLIVE - Mount Olive College volleyball player Mallory Peavler has been named Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Volleyball Player of the Week, it was announced Tuesday. Peavler, who had never played the setter position prior to last week, averaged 11.36 assists in three conference wins.
Peavler, a 5-4 freshman from Loda, Ill., recorded 34 assists in Mount Olive's 3-0 win over St. Andrews in her first-ever match at setter. She followed with 49 assists in the Trojans' five-game win against Converse and finished the week with 42 assists in a three-game win over Limestone. She also served a match-high four aces against St. Andrews and had another four-ace performance against Limestone.
Peavler was pressed into service when starting setter and two-time All-CVAC selection Sara Christie suffered an injury. Christie's status remains day-to-day.
Peavler becomes the first Trojan freshman to win volleyball player of the week honors since Heidi Busch and Christie each won the award during the 2002 season.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series