Prep sports roundup
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on September 26, 2005 1:55 PM
Greenfield blanks Wayne Country Day
WILSON -- Top-ranked Greenfield School erupted for three second-half goals and knocked off Wayne Country Day 3-0 in a Classes 1-A/2-A Coastal Plains Independent Conference soccer match Friday evening.
Chris Tripp scored twice for the Knights (8-4-2), who remained unbeaten in two CPIC outings. John Dandanle concluded Greenfield's scoring in the 75th minute.
Harper Bridgers recorded two assists for Greenfield, which has 12 seniors on its roster. The Knights owned a 15-11 edge in shots on goal and Chargers keeper Ryan Ford collected 11 saves.
Wayne Country Day (8-3-1, 1-1-1 CPIC) suffered its first shutout loss of the season.
Knights in CPIC
WILSON -- Brandon Davis tallied a pair of goals in Wayne Country Day's 2-1 conquest of Greenfield in Coastal Plains Independent 1-A/2-A Conference play Friday afternoon.
Keeper Bryce Allen had 15 saves.
The Chargers (1-3, 1-2 CPIC) entertain Rocky Mount Prep on Monday afternoon.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series