Gators fall to 3-3
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 2, 2005 2:17 AM
BEAUFORT -- Ricky Mason rushed for two touchdowns in Spring Creek's 42-13, non-conference loss Friday evening at unbeaten East Carteret.
Mason scored on runs of 7 and 70 yards, and finished with 97 yards total.
Gator quarterback Josh Wright completed seven of 12 passes for 153 yards. Lelo Burt caught five passes for 107 yards, while Alex Dunmire snagged two receptions for 46 yards.
Spring Creek had 257 yards of total offense.
Defensively, Billy Salazar recovered a fumble and Butler intercepted a pass.
The Mariners improved to 6-0.
"They've got the whole package," said Gators coach Roy Whitfield. "They've got pretty good speed, good size and strength. They're a good team.
"That was a good test for us."
Spring Creek (3-3) opens its Class 1-A Carolina Conference schedule next Friday at Princeton. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at the Fred Bartholomew Athletic Complex.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series