Rams blank North Pitt
Published in Sports on October 11, 2005 2:09 PM
SNOW HILL -- Mario Brown rushed for two second-quarter touchdowns in Greene Central's 45-0 victory over North Pitt in the Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference opener for both teams Monday evening.
Brown finished with 44 yards rushing on nine attempts for the Rams, who improved to 3-4 overall. Greene Central leads the all-time series 24-11 against North Pitt and has won two of the last three meetings in Snow Hill since 2001.
North Pitt exited 2-5.
Dreyan Willis corralled touchdown passes of 45 and 16 yards from quarterback Cameron Shelton. Shelton concluded the night 7-of-9 for 146 yards.
Justin Tyson and Damien Phillips accounted for the Rams' other rushing touchdowns. Phillips churned out 75 yards on six carries, while Tyson added 57 yards on nine totes. Overall, Greene Central piled up 293 yards on the ground and 439 overall compared to just 51 yards total offense for North Pitt.
Brown and Brandon Sutton paced the Rams' defense with eight tackles each. Sutton also recorded two sacks and one fumble recovery. Justin Wellington provided five tackles and one sack.
Greene Central continues EPC play Friday at league newcomer Goldsboro. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Cougar Stadium.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series