Tigers beat Lakewood
Published in Sports on October 11, 2005 2:07 PM
WARSAW -- Ronnie Williams and Stedman Mathis each rushed for a touchdown as James Kenan started Class 1-A Super Six Conference play with a 20-7 victory over Lakewood on Monday evening.
Mathis' 3-yard run in the first quarter pulled the Tigers' within 7-6. Williams provided the go-ahead touchdown, an 8-yard run, early in the third quarter at Bill Taylor Field.
Williams finished with a team-high 79 yards on 12 carries. Mathis added 49 yards on nine attempts, while Brandon Satchell contributed 84 yards on 12 totes. Overall, the Tigers rushed for 328 yards on 52 carries.
Jason Kennion concluded the scoring with a 12-yard pass from Shawn Jones. Jones completed three passes for 33 yards.
Kendrick Williams led James Kenan's defense with four tackles, a fumble hit and a fumble recovery. Reco Peterson added three tackles, a sack and four assists.
James Kenan (5-2) carries its five-game win streak to Midway on Friday. Game time is 7:30 p.m. at Spivey's Corner.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series