EW soccer moves to ECC semifinals
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 24, 2005 2:18 PM
Eastern Wayne's Erik Rivera and Eric Bourgeois had two goals each as the No. 3 seeded Warriors advanced to the semifinals of the Class 3-A Eastern Carolina Conference tournament with a 4-0 win at home over No. 6 Kinston.
Eastern Wayne (10-5-2), the tournament's host, faces No. 2 Wilson Hunt Tuesday at 5 p.m. with a berth in the tourney championship on the line.
Rivera scored the lone goal of the first half on an assist by Dustin Smith, before pushing the lead to 2-0 on another assist from Smith, 12 minutes after intermission. Bourgeois scored on a penalty kick, then tallied the final goal on an asssit from Rivera in the 54th and 55th minute, respectively.
The Warriors outshot Kinston 19-3.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series