Escolas receives academic honor
By Steve Roush
Published in Sports on November 4, 2005 1:59 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College forward Emily Escolas has been named to the 2005 ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District III (College Division) Second Team, as voted on by members of the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).
Escolas, a sophomore from Rockingham, N.C. (Richmond Senior High School), has posted a perfect 4.00 GPA in her first two full semesters at Mount Olive.
During the summer, Escolas was named to the 2004-05 Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Presidential Honor Roll. On the field, Escolas earned All-Tournament honors at last year's CVAC Women's Soccer Tournament as she helped lead the Trojans to their first ever conference championship. Escolas tallied 13 goals and 11 assists as a freshman and has six goals and four assists so far this season.
Mount Olive won its first round match Tuesday in the 2005 CVAC Tournament and faces top-seeded Pfeiffer today in the semifinal round. Match time is 11:30 a.m. at Belmont, N.C.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series