Tipton completes strong season for Guilford
Published in Sports on November 11, 2005 1:47 PM
GREENSBORO -- Rosewood graduate and Guilford College senior Matt Tipton recently completed his fall season with Guilford College's golf team.
Tipton played in two of the five fall events and posted a 84.25 stroke average in four rounds.
Tipton's best performance was a 72nd place finish in the Greensboro Invitational, where he shot a 80-90-170. He also shot a 83-84-167 at the Tom O'Bryant Memorial, where he finished 81st.
Coach Jack Jensen's Quakers are ranked first in the Nov. 4 Bridgestone/Golf Coaches Association of America Division III national poll. Guilford won three of its five fall tournaments, including the Gordin Classic, which is comprised of the top-12 finishers at the 2005 NCAA Division III Championships. The Quakers, the defending D III national champions, posted a 301.91 stroke average in 11 rounds this fall and begin their spring season Feb. 27 at the Pfeiffer/Pine Needles Invitational.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series