By Steve Roush
Published in Sports on November 17, 2005 1:58 PM
KINSTON - Kinston Indians general manager Marty Wheeler introduced today the addition of Jessica "Jessie" Hays to the K-Tribe front office staff.
Hays comes to Kinston after spending the 2005 season as the media relations assistant with the St. Paul Saints, an independent team in the American Association. She will enlist as sales and media manager - with her focus being set toward increasing attendance and strengthening marketing partner relations, while serving as a primary media liaison for the club.
"Jessie is an excellent choice for our organization," said Wheeler. "In addition to her outgoing and energetic personality, she exudes this confidence that cannot be taught. Those are must-haves for our industry."
A native of St. Paul, Minn., Jessie attended the University of St. Thomas and was a four-year member of its women's basketball program. She graduated in 2005 with a major in public relations and minor in business administration.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series