Mount Olive College volleyball
Published in Sports on November 22, 2005 1:58 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Heidi Busch and Sara Christie were named to the first team, while Sam Mitchell and Nikki Murphy earned second team honors as Mount Olive led the Atlantic Region with four players on the 2005 Daktronics Division II Volleyball All-Atlantic Region Team. By earning first team honors, Busch and Christie are eligible for All-America consideration.
Mount Olive won its first-ever CVAC regular season title as the Trojans posted a 19-1 mark in conference play. The Trojans reached the final of the CVAC Tournament and earned a berth in the Atlantic Regional of the NCAA Division II Volleyball Championship for the second year in a row.
Mount Olive finished the season with a record of 28-8 as the Trojans set a school single-season record with a .778 winning percentage.
MOC Sports Information
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series