Published in Sports on February 27, 2006 2:27 PM
LAWRENCEVILLE, Va. -- Krystal Bourne and Tiffanie Pittman each tossed shutouts and Karen Thornton hit two inside-the-park home runs in game two as Mount Olive swept a non-conference softball doubleheader over St. Paul's 14-0 and 17-0 Sunday at Lawrenceville, Va.
Bourne (2-1) tossed a three-hitter in the first game and Pittman (1-0) finished with a two-hitter in game two.
The start was the first on the mound for Pittman, who normally plays center field.
Melissa Bright had three hits in game one, while Bailey Harrell and Georgette Richardson added two hits apiece. Both of Richardson's hits went for extra bases, notching a double and a triple.
In the second game, in addition to Thornton's two inside-the-park home runs, Jackie Wyman added two hits for the Trojans.
The wins improve Mount Olive to 9-2.
MOC Sports Information
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series