Young named Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week
Published in Sports on March 1, 2006 2:31 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive guard Victor Young has been named Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Men's Basketball Player of the Week, it was announced Tuesday. The player of the week award is the second this season for Young, who also won in December.
Young, a senior from Goldsboro High, celebrated Senior Night with a career-high 38 points in his collegiate regular season home finale, a 105-89 victory over Pfeiffer. Young scored the Trojans' first 10 points of the game, including a reverse alley-oop slam dunk on Mount Olive's initial possession. Young, whose previous season-high was 22 points, matched that total in the first half as Mount Olive took an 18-point lead at halftime and led by double figures for the remainder of the game. Young's previous career best was 30 points.
MOC Sports Information
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series