K-Tribe loses to Rocks
Published in Sports on April 20, 2006 2:06 PM
WILMINGTON, Del. -- The Wilmington Blue Rocks upended Kinston 7-2 Wednesday night at Frawley Stadium.
The Indians got off to a fast start when a Stephen Head double in the first inning scored Brian Finegan and Trevor Crowe. The runs would dry up after the first as the K-Tribe managed just two hits after the second inning.
With two outs in the fourth inning, Wilmington tied the game on a John Otness double scoring Scott White. The Blue Rocks took the lead for good when the next batter, Michael Hall, hit a triple to right field scoring Otness and giving Wilmington a 3-2 lead.
The game was put out of reach later in the fourth when an arrant throw to third base on a pick off attempt by K-Tribe catcher Armando Camacaro sailed into left field allowing Michael Hall and Dominic Ramos to score. The Blue Rocks added two more runs in the fifth to secure the 7-2 win.
Andrew Dobies (2-0) got the win for Wilmington, Jensen Lewis (1-2) picked up his second straight loss.
The K-Tribe (9-4) lost their first series of the year, but still owns the best record in the Carolina League, as Wilmington improves their record to 6-8.
The Tribe will be back in Kinston today at 7 p.m., opening up a three game home series with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series