MOC men's golf start CVAC tourney today
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on April 20, 2006 2:06 PM
Mount Olive begins play today in the first round of the 2006 Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Men's Golf Tournament. Make that the first round and a half.
The 54-hole tournament will be played in two days -- 27 holes per day -- in order to conclude in time for the NCAA regional selection deadline. The tournament, hosted by Coker College, will conclude Saturday.
Sophomore Mick Moberg recorded three top five finishes in five tournaments this spring, including a first-place finish at the St. Andrews Spring Invitational. Junior Chris Bitzenhofer finished second at St. Andrews and notched three top 10 finishes during the season.
Mount Olive finished second at the St. Andrews Spring Invitational and took home first place at the St. Andrews Fall Invitational.
"This may be one of the best men's golf teams we've had a Mount Olive," said head men's golf coach Chip Spiron. "I'm very excited about this year's tournament."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series