Snyder sets MOC record
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on April 23, 2006 2:18 AM
One day after tying a school record for the lowest round, Lindsey Snyder established a new record with a 75 in the final round of the 2006 Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Women's Golf Championship.
Snyder tied for third out of 32 golfers and Mount Olive placed third out of six teams in the championship, only four shots out of second place.
The Trojans competed in the team competition of the CVAC Championship for the first time in the four-year history of the Mount Olive women's golf program.
Snyder overcame a first-round 84 with a 77 Friday in the second round.
Her second-round score tied the mark set by Kate Somek in the third round of last year's CVAC Championship.
Saturday's 75 was the second lowest score of the day and the third lowest of the championship.
Somek finished 14th with an 85-87-81--253, while Kristen Freeman placed 20th with an 87-93-87--277. Deborah Woodrum placed 22nd with an 89-91-89--269 and Brianna Whaley finished 32nd with a 113-107-103--323.
Snyder, a three-time All-CVAC selection and a two-time All-Tournament honoree, finishes her career as Mount Olive's first-ever four-year women's golfer.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series