Henderson named CUSA hitter of week
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on April 25, 2006 2:08 PM
IRVING, Texas -- East Carolina freshman outfielder Brandon Henderson was named Conference USA Hitter-of-the-Week announced by league officials Monday. The announcement marks the third time this season a Pirate has earned the weekly honors, following Jake Smith and Brody Taylor.
Henderson, a Alpharetta, Ga. native, had hits in eight consecutive at-bats and reached base safely 10 consecutive times last week. He finished the week going 8-for-15 (.533), which included his third home run of the season and three RBIs. Henderson scored the game-winning run on Friday night against Marshall, the game-tying run in Saturday's win and totaled four runs scored on the week.
On the season, Henderson is hitting .333 (25-for-75) with three home runs, 15 RBI, four doubles, 12 runs scored with a .507 slugging percentage in 32 games.
ECU (27-15, 6-6) won its second C-USA series this weekend after winning 2-of-3 games against Marshall and moved into sole possession of third place in the league standings.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series