K-Tribe completes sweep of Salem
Published in Sports on May 8, 2006 2:16 PM
KINSTON -- Chuck Lofgren picked up his Carolina League-leading fifth win of the season on a soggy Sunday afternoon as the Kinston Indians beat Salem 9-5 at historic Grainger Stadium.
Lofgren had a no-hitter going into the fifth inning before giving up an infield single -- the only hit he gave up in seven innings of work -- as the K-Tribe (20-9) completed the three-game sweep of the Avalanche (12-18).
Stephen Head, Brian Barton and Ryan Goleski each drove in two runs for the K-Tribe in a game that was delayed for 20 minutes by a steady rain.
The Indians scored three times in the first and never trailed in the contest as Lofgren fanned nine Avalanche hitters.
The K-Tribe now hits the road for a four-game series with the Potomac Nationals starting today. Joe Ness will take the mound for the K-Tribe.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series