Mudcats blank Jacksonville
Published in Sports on May 8, 2006 2:14 PM
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Four Carolina hitters smacked their first homers of the year to lead the Mudcats to an 11-0 drubbing of Jacksonville on Sunday afternoon at the Baseball Grounds.
It was the Mudcats' most lopsided win of 2006
Alejandro DeAza, Edgar Gonzalez, Patrick Arlis and winning pitcher Adam Bostick each homered within the first four innings of the game against Jacksonville starter Danny Muegge (2-4). Arlis and Bostick went back-to-back in the fourth inning.
The Mudcats (14-17) won for the fifth time in six games and collected a season-high 17 hits, including four from Jose Campusano. Ryan Bear delivered four RBIs as the Mudcats opened the five game series with a decisive win.
Bostick pitched five scoreless innings, allowing three hits while fanning seven. Manuel Olivera, just recalled from High-A Jupiter, worked the next three shutout innings before Chris Mobley made his first appearance since April 17. Mobley had spent nearly three weeks on the disabled list.
Anibal Sanchez starts the series' second game Tuesday night at 6:05 p.m. against the Suns.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series