Goleski powers K-Tribe past Keys
Published in Sports on May 22, 2006 2:06 PM
FREDERICK, Md. -- Ryan Goleski hit three home runs, tying a Carolina League single-game record and leading the K-Tribe to an 8-5 win over Frederick on Sunday afternoon.
Goleski hit a solo home run in the second inning, a three-run shot in the fifth, and another solo home run in the seventh inning. The three home runs in one game tie numerous other Carolina Leaguers, most recently Kinston's Ryan Mulhhern, who accomplished the feat on June 15 last year. Goleski finished the game 4-for-4 with five RBIs and four runs scored.
Goleski now leads the Carolina League in batting average (.337), home runs (10) and RBIs (37). Micah Schilling also had a big day at the plate, going 3-for-4 with two RBIs.
Joe Ness (4-0) picked up his fourth win of the season, giving up two hits in five innings of work. The K-Tribe completed a three-game sweep of the Frederick Keys with Sunday's win. It was Kinston's third series sweep of the season and improved the K-Tribe's record to 30-12.
Kinston stays on the road for a three-game series with Salem starting tonight. Scott Lewis will take the mound for the K-Tribe.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series