By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on May 23, 2006 2:11 PM
The Hawg Breath Bass Club held its monthly tournament at Lake Gaston on the May 20, and John Edwards teamed up with Larry Hoch to take the win. Hoch also caught the tournament's biggest fish. Joe Moye took second place and charged back into the points lead for the year. Third place went to Lou Cook and Oscar Johnson. June's tournament will be the last of the tournament year and will be held June 17-18 on Kerr Lake. The new season starts July 1.
Babe Ruth 13-15
Rosewood 11, Southern Wayne 0 -- Matt Neal picked up the win, allowing only one hit and one walk in five innings of work in the season-opening win. Anderson Barnes and Zach Grantham led Rosewood at the plate with two hits each. Steven Carlton had Southern Wayne's lone hit, while Jordon Hood took the loss on the mound. Rosewood (1-0) travels to Spring Creek on Thursday, while Southern Wayne is at Fremont.
Dixie Youth Majors
WCDS 11, MarMac Blue 0 -- Cole Davis and Cody Neal on the mound, combined on a two-hitter. Neal and Davis added two hits each, while Dare Uzzell and Hil Tanner had one hit each. WCDS (10-0) faces the SJAFB Yankees today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series