Trojans' Moberg earns postseason honor
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on May 24, 2006 2:17 PM
Mount Olive golfer Mick Moberg was selected to the 2006 GCAA Division II All-Atlantic Region Men's Golf Team, as selected by members of the Golf Coaches Association of America. The announcement was made at the NCAA Division II Men's Golf National Championship at Daniels, W. Va.
Moberg, a sophomore from Gavle, Sweden, earned All-Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Second Team honors and was named to the All-Tournament Team at the 2006 CVAC Championship. Moberg placed 13th at the NCAA Division II Atlantic/Southeast Super Regional as Mount Olive finished sixth in its first-ever NCAA post-season appearance as a team. Moberg also earned a berth in the individual competition at the 2005 Super Regional.
Moberg notched six top 10 finishes in 2005-06, including a first-place finish at the St. Andrews Spring Invitational. He finished fourth at the CVAC Championship with a 1-under-par 215, only two strokes out of first place.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series