Falcon softball at home
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on May 26, 2006 2:21 PM
PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock's softball program will be gunning for their fourth trip in five years to the N.C. High School Athletic Association Class 3-A final four at Walnut Creek when they host Wilson Fike tonight at 7 p.m. in a third-round contest.
The Golden Falcons (18-7) enter the contest on a 10-game winning streak and have claimed 17 wins in their last 19 outings overall after starting the season 1-5. The Golden Demons (18-7), who started 1-6, have won 17 of their last 18 games.
Fike defeated Aycock 2-1 on April 10 in Pikeville despite a no-hitter from Falcons' junior right-hander Julia Lancaster (13-2), who will start today's game. Kellen Skinner (14-4) -- also a junior righty -- will get the ball for Fike.
In the case of inclement weather, the teams will play at 7 p.m. Saturday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series