Lofgren notches 8th win
Published in Sports on May 30, 2006 2:22 PM
KINSTON -- Kinston ace Chuck Lofgren yielded three hits in seven innings and collected his Carolina League-leading eighth victory on the mound in the K-Tribe's 3-1 conquest of Wilmington at historic Grainger Stadium.
The 20-year-old Lofgren (8-2) is now tied for the most wins in all of minor league baseball. Scott Roehl picked up his first save of the season, pitching two innings of scoreless relief.
The K-Tribe jumped ahead in the first inning when Brian Barton singled home Brian Finegan, making the score 1-0.
Tied at 1-1 in the bottom of the fifth, Trevor Crowe picked up his 27th RBI of the season, driving Argenis Reyes home for the go-ahead run. The K-Tribe added an insurance run in the sixth when Brandon Pinckney singled home Jordan Brown to extend the lead to 3-1.
Kinston improved to 33-16 and padded its lead to 6 1/2 games over Winston-Salem in Southern Division play.
The teams will play back-to-back 11 a.m. games today and Wednesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series