K-Tribe captures soggy road win
Published in Sports on June 2, 2006 2:17 PM
FREDERICK, Md. -- The Kinston Indian's magic number now stands at 12 with 17 games to go as the K-Tribe beat Frederick 6-2 on a soggy Thursday night.
The game did not get under way until after 9 p.m. because of storms in the area that caused a two-hour delay. When the clouds cleared, the Tribe jumped all over the Keys.
In the second inning, Brian Barton scored after a Stephen Head single was misplayed by the Keys outfield. In the third inning, a two-run double by Barton scored Jose Castanza and Micah Schilling to make the score 3-0.
Schilling came back an inning later with an RBI single of his own that gave the K-Tribe a 4-0 lead.
Things stayed quite until the top of the ninth inning when Jordan Brown finished the scoring with a two-out double, plating Crowe and Barton.
Starter Scott Lewis, last week's Carolina League Pitcher of the Week, pitched four innings, giving up three hits and just two earned runs. Scott Roehl picked up his third win of the season, giving up one hit in three innings of relief. T.J. Burton picked up his ninth save of the year.
The K-Tribe takes on Frederick again today at 6:30 p.m., sending right hander Jensen Lewis to the mound.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series