Blue Rocks snap K-Tribe's streak
Published in Sports on June 6, 2006 2:41 PM
WILMINGTON, Del. -- Kinston's five-game winning streak came to an end as the Wilmington Blue Rocks beat the Indians 6-1 on Monday night at Frawley Stadium.
The Blue Rocks started off the game with a solo home run by leadoff man Bryan Pritz, setting the tone and getting Wilmington off to a 3-0 lead after one inning.
The Blue Rocks added two more runs, both unearned, in the third inning.
Joe Ness (5-1), was saddled with his first loss of the season, giving up three earned runs over four innings.
Trevor Crowe's RBI ground out in the fifth inning that scored Micah Schilling was the only run tallied by Kinston on the night as the K-Tribe stranded 12 runners in the ballgame.
Jordan Brown went 2-for-4 for the K-Tribe, extending his hitting streak to 11 games and his consecutive on-base streak to 21.
The K-Tribe takes on Wilmington again today at 7:05 p.m., with the Carolina League's leader in ERA Scott Lewis (1-1, 0.80) taking the hill for the Indians.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series