Biscuits go deep against Mudcats
Published in Sports on June 9, 2006 1:59 PM
ZEBULON -- Wes Bankston and Elliot Johnson homered to lead Montgomery past Carolina 7-3 at Five County Stadium on Thursday night.
The Mudcats (28-34) were officially eliminated from the first half race in the Northern Division with the loss, which evened the series with the Biscuits (32-29).
Anibal Sanchez (2-6) remained winless since April 27, allowing six runs over 51/3 innings, fanning six and walking one.
Montgomery went ahead 1-0 in the first before Carolina scored three against winning pitcher Tony Peguero (6-6) in the fourth.
Rex Rungren grounded in a run to tie the game before a run-scoring double by Angel Molina followed by a infield hit by Alejandro DeAza to score the third of the inning.
Sanchez gave up a two-run, two-out homer to Bankston in the fifth, then yielded three in the sixth, highlighted by a Aneuidi Cuevas two-run single.
Johnson's 10th homer led off the ninth against Mudcats reliever Chris Mobley.
Paul Mildren (3-5, 4.30) starts the middle game of the series tonight against Jim Magrane (7-4, 2.86) at 7:15.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series