Post 11 rained out ... again
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on June 15, 2006 2:23 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Rain from Tropical Storm Alberto soaked eastern North Carolina on Wednesday and forced the postponement of Wayne County Post 11's home contest against Wilson Post 13.
The teams will play at 7 p.m. today.
Wayne County hasn't played since a 6-3, non-division victory over Chapel Hill last Saturday afternoon.
"I feel like we had a little something going in the game against Chapel Hill," said Post 11 coach Brad Reaves. "We found a combination that worked a little bit."
Thomas Pilkington's solo home run, the first in his Legion career, highlighted Wayne County's 12-hit attack. Right-hander Ashton Langston yielded two hits in a two-inning, middle-relief stint and collected his first victory on the mound since the 2004 Legion season.
Post 13 ousted Post 11 from the Area I East Division playoffs last year. Wilson is 6-2 in division play and 7-3 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series