K-Tribe pounds Hillcats
Published in Sports on June 16, 2006 2:07 PM
KINSTON -- The K-Tribe used two big innings to down the Hillcats 9-1 on Thursday night at historic Grainger Stadium.
The Tribe scored three in the fourth inning and six in the seventh en route to the victory, splitting the four-game series with Lynchburg.
Jordan Brown got the scoring going in the third with a two-run double that brought home Brandon Pinckney and Argenis Reyes. Brown would score one batter later on a ground out by Brian Barton to give the Indians a 3-1 lead.
Then in the seventh, Brown smashed a three-run homer, his sixth of the season. It was part of a six-run inning as Kinston sent 11 batters to the plate. Brown finished the game 2-for-3 with a five RBIs, a season high.
Kevin Dixon picked up his second win of the season. He pitched six innings and gave up five hits and one earned run.
Reid Santos tossed three innings of scoreless relief to seal the victory for the K-Tribe.
The K-Tribe (45-22) needs one more win in their final three games of the first half to tie the record of 46 wins in a half of a season by a Kinston team.
Kinston hits the road for the final three games of the first half of the season as Joe Ness takes the mound tonight at Myrtle Beach.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series