Pearce's walk-off home run gives Hillcats win over K-Tribe
Published in Sports on June 21, 2006 2:08 PM
LYNCHBURG, Va. -- A Steven Pearce walk-off home run with two outs in the bottom of the 10th inning propelled Lynchburg to a 2-0 win Tuesday night in the hills of Virginia.
Kinston managed just five hits while striking out a season-high 18 times for its third extra inning loss against Lynchburg this season.
The loss put a damper on a great pitching performance by Kinston. K-Tribe starter Chuck Lofgren pitched five innings, giving up two hits and eight strikeouts. Michael Finnocchi, Wyatt Allen and T.J. Bruton kept the Hillcats scoreless through four more innings, giving up a combined four hits while striking out four. Ryan Knippschild (3-2) took the loss for the K-Tribe (0-1). Steven Duguay (3-0) got the win for Lynchburg.
Kinston's Kevin Dixon will take the mound for the K-Tribe today at 7:05 p.m. in Lynchburg.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series