Choy Foo, Brown lead K-Tribe
Published in Sports on June 22, 2006 2:30 PM
LYNCHBURG, Va. -- Jordan Brown had five RBIs and Rodney Choy Foo had five hits as the K-Tribe racked up a season-high 18 hits Wednesday night in a 12-4 thrashing of Lynchburg.
A day after being held scoreless in a five-hit shutout, Kinston scored five runs on seven hits in the first inning. After back-to-back singles by Argenis Reyes and Micah Schilling, Brian Barton then walked to load the bases in the first. Brown came up one batter later and hammered his sixth home run of the year, a grand slam shot to right field.
Armando Camacaro's RBI single scored Choy Foo later in the inning, giving Kinston a 5-0 lead they would never relinquish.
Brown, Brandon Pinckney, and Jose Constanza all had three hits apiece, and Choy Foo's five hits was the most by a Kinston player in a game this season.
Kevin Dixon (3-1) picked up the win, giving up four earned runs in six innings. Reid Santos came in for three innings of relief, giving up just one hit, while striking out six.
Kinston will continue the series today, sending Joe Ness to the mound for the finale of the three game series.
The K-Tribe will return to Grainger Stadium this weekend for a three-game series Friday, Saturday and Sunday against Salem.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series