Choy Foo, K-Tribe humble Hillcats
Published in Sports on June 23, 2006 2:12 PM
LYNCHBURG, Va. -- Rodney Choy Foo continued his hot hitting Thursday night as Kinston defeated Lynchburg 8-3 to take its first series of the second half of the season.
Choy Foo went 3-for-4 with a solo home run, double and two RBIs to lead a 10-hit attack by the K-Tribe. Choy Foo is 12-for-19 with two home runs in his last four games.
Kinston took a 2-1 lead in the third as Micah Schilling scored from third on a passed ball by Lynchburg starter Matt Lorenzo.
After Choy Foo's homer in the sixth made it 3-1, Kinston scored five runs over the final two innings. Argenis Reyes, Stephen Head, Choy Foo and Jose Constanza all had RBIs as Kinston scored four in the ninth inning to put the game away.
Carolina League All-Star Joe Ness (7-3) picked up the victory going 51/3 innings, giving up five hits and two earned runs. Scott Roehl and Mike Finnochi combined for 22/3 innings of scoreless relief.
Kinston returns home on Friday for a short three-game series before the All-Star Break.
Scott Lewis, with the lowest ERA in all of Minor League Baseball, takes the mound for Kinston at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series