K-Tribe falls to Salem
Published in Sports on June 26, 2006 2:17 PM
KINSTON -- Rain put a damper on the K-Tribe's comeback bid as Salem beat the Indians 4-2 in a game called after five innings because of rain.
The shortened game is considered a complete one so Kinston falls to 3-3 in the second half of the season. Salem evens its record to 3-3.
Salem came out swinging, scoring three runs off three hits in the first inning off K-Tribe starter Mariano Gomez.
Kinston's Brian Barton hit solo homer, his ninth, in the bottom of the first to make the score 3-1.
Down 4-1 in the fifth inning, Kinston tried to come back with Jose Constanza banging an RBI double to the wall that brough home Javi Herrera.
The rains came and the game was called.
Gomez (0-2) took the loss for Kinston.
Troy Patton (3-7) nabbed the win for Salem.
The K-Tribe takes the next three days off for the Carolina League All-Star Break. Kinston returns to action on Thursday on the road at Potomac.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series