By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 27, 2006 2:22 PM
WILSON -- For the second time in as many days, Snow Hill Post 94's contest at Wilson was rained out.
No make-up date has been announced as the regular season concludes at the end of the week. Snow Hill has six games over the next five days, including a road contest at Wayne County tonight at 7 p.m. with more rain in the forecast.
"There aren't really any days that we can make this up," Post 94 coach James Fulghum said.
Post 94 is currently 7-8 overall and 5-8 in Area I East play. Winners of three straight, Post 11 (9-9 overall) is 7-8 in division play with five games left.
The Hawg Breath Bass Club held its final tournament of the year at Kerr Lake on June 17 and 18. Bill Thompson teamed up with John Walsh to take the win. Second place went to the team of Doug Vaughn and John Davis, while Mike Norwood and Bill Rex finished third.
Thompson made the last-minute charge to take Angler of the Year honors from front-runners Joe Moye and Ray Burrell.
Next month's tournament will be the first of the new tournament year and will be held July 15 on Roanoke Rapids Lake.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series