Legion baseball - Wayne County rained out ... again
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on June 28, 2006 2:30 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Another rainout.
Early-morning downpours forced the postponement of Tuesday's key Area I East division contest between archrivals Wayne County and Snow Hill on the Scarborough Field diamond.
Post 11 carries a three-game win streak to Nash County today, entertains New Bern for a doubleheader Thursday and concludes regular-season play Saturday evening at nemesis Wilson Post 13. Post 11 has a make-up date for Friday, but Post 94 has a home game against Edenton.
Wayne County coach Brad Reaves said the Snow Hill game may not be rescheduled.
Area I commissioner Joe Tobert informed several coaches and athletic officers -- through telephone conversations and email -- that they were to "do all you can to get your games in" and that he would decide from there. All Area I East teams must play their final games before midnight Saturday.
Tolbert is expected to rule Sunday afternoon on "possible" forfeitures for teams that could not complete the 20-game division schedule. The top eight teams qualify for the postseason.
The first-round playoff series, a best-of-three format, begins July 4.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series