Mudcats claim third consecutive victory
Published in Sports on June 28, 2006 2:22 PM
ZEBULON -- Frank Moore homered and drove in three runs, while the Southern League's top team committed five errors as Carolina bombed Jacksonville 10-1 at Five County Stadium on Tuesday night.
Moore snapped an 0-for-16 second half slump with a bunt single in the first, a RBI-hit in the third, and a two-run homer in the seventh as Carolina (5-4) won its third straight game against the Suns (52-27).
Jacksonville, which reeled off 23 wins in 24 games from mid-May until mid-June, lost three consecutive games for just the second time this season.
James Russ (4-6) pitched five innings for the win, his first start since June 13. Chris Mobley and Kevin Cave combined to pitch the final four innings.
The Suns made three errors in a two-run, no-hit sixth for Carolina, then watched as the Mudcats sent 10 hitters to the plate in the seventh inning, scoring five times to put the game away.
Adam Bostick (5-4, 3.98) starts tonight in the series finale against the Suns' Alvis Ojeda (4-2, 2.55) at 7:15.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series