Three from CBA make All-State
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 2, 2006 2:16 AM
Charles B. Aycock's Kandace Burroughs (Sr., 1B) was tabbed the Class 3-A Eastern Player of the Year by the N.C. Fastpitch Softball Coaches Association, while teammates Brittani Edgerton (Sr., 2B) and Julia Lancaster (Jr., P) were named to the All-State team.
During the Golden Falcons' run to Walnut Creek this season, Burroughs batted .431 with a .662 on base percentage. She drove in 12 runs and scored 17 times. Edgerton, a Pitt Community College signee, finished with a .346 batting average with a .500 on base percentage, 19 RBIs and 19 runs. Lancaster was nothing short of impressive on the mound -- holding opponents to a .142 batting average with a 1.29 ERA.
All three were first-team News-Argus selections. Edgerton was the Player of the Year, Lancaster was the Pitcher of the Year and Burroughs made first-team at first base.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series