Lofgren gets 10th win as K-Tribe rolls
Published in Sports on July 3, 2006 2:16 PM
WINSTON-SALEM -- The Kinston Indians got back on the winning track, hammering out 12 hits en route to a 7-5 victory over the Winston-Salem Warthogs on Sunday afternoon.
K-Tribe catcher Javi Herrera hit a two-run double in the second inning that brought in Jordan Brown and Rodney Choy Foo. One batter later, Jose Constanza brought Herrera home with an RBI single.
Brown put Kinston up 5-0 with a two-run homer in the third inning that made the score 5-0. Brandon Pinckney would follow suit with a solo homer of his own, his third of the season, a moon shot to left field to put Kinston up 6-0. Pinckney and Brian Barton both had two hits for the K-Tribe. Herrera went 2-for-3 with three RBIs. Brown had two RBIs of his own, going 3-for-4 with a double, triple and a home run.
Chuck Lofgren picked up his league-leading 10th win of the season, going six innings and striking out five. Wyatt Allen pitched a scoreless inning of relief and Scott Roehl picked up his third save of the season going two innings, giving up no runs and one infield hit.
Kinston is now 5-5 in the second half of the season.
The two teams get together again today as two Carolina League All-Stars tangle as Joe Ness takes on Warthog ace Lucas Harrell at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series