Lovett hitter of week
By Steve Roush
Published in Sports on July 7, 2006 2:08 PM
RALEIGH -- The Coastal Plain League announced Monday that the Wilson Tobs' Erik Lovett and Jeff Cunningham of Fayetteville were named the Rawlings Hitters of the Week.
Lovett, a junior at Mount Olive and a Southern Wayne graduate, started all five games for the Tobs, finishing with a .471 average with eight hits, including a pair of doubles and a league-best three home runs on the week. He scored five runs and racked up eight RBIs, while also tallying a league-best 19 total bases. Lovett's slugging percentage of 1.118 on the week was also a league-best.
Meanwhile, Cunningham, a sophomore at South Alabama, also started in five contests and ended the week with a .450 average. Tallying nine hits overall, he doubled twice, hit a triple, and knocked two homers, while going on to rack up a league-best 19 total bases as well. Cunningham also featured a league-best 10 RBIs on the week and scored six runs himself, as well as posting an impressive .950 slugging percentage and two stolen bases.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series