K-Tribe blanks Warthogs
Published in Sports on July 11, 2006 2:15 PM
KINSTON -- The Kinston Indians blanked Winston-Salem 5-0 for their league-leading eighth shutout of the year on Monday afternoon at Grainger Stadium.
Kevin Dixon (5-2) started on the hill for the K-Tribe and gave up up just three hits in 52/3 innings of work. Mariano Gomez and T.J. Burton completed the shutout for the K-Tribe as the Warthogs managed just four hits.
Kinston got on the board in the third inning when an RBI single by Micah Schilling brought home Jose Constanza. The score remained 1-0 until the bottom of the eighth inning, when the Indians exploded for four runs on four hits. The inning was highlighted by a three-run homer by Javi Herrera, his first shot of the season.
Herrera finished up 2-for-3.
Also for Kinston, Argenis Reyes was 2-for-3, and Rodney Choy Foo, Schilling, Brian Barton and Brandon Pinckney each had one hit in the game.
The K-Tribe takes the day off today and returns to action on Wednesday at Salem, Va. in a 7 p.m. contest against the Avalanche.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series