Mudcats beat Biscuits, 3-1
Published in Sports on July 13, 2006 2:16 PM
MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Paul Mildren won his eighth game, working seven innings, as Carolina defeated Montgomery 3-1 at Riverwalk Stadium on Wednesday night.
Mildren (8-6) allowed just a second-inning home run en route to his second consecutive victory.
Carolina (9-12) tied the game in the fourth on a sacrifice fly by Kevin Randel, then went with two runs against reliever Marcos Carvajal (2-2) in the seventh. Brett Carroll doubled home Jonathan Aceves, then scored from third on a two-out single over third by Frank Moore.
The Mudcats, who snapped a three-game losing streak, had 10 hits, five of which were doubles.
Matt Yourkin and Christopher Young (S, 4) pitched a scoreless inning to close out Carolina's fourth win in six meetings with the South-leading Biscuits (12-9).
James Russ (5-6, 3.48) starts the series' second game tonight against Andy Sonnanstine (8-6, 3.02) at 8:05.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series