K-Tribe collects another comeback win
Published in Sports on July 14, 2006 2:09 PM
SALEM, Va. -- Kinston put together their second comeback win in a row, erasing a 3-1 deficit with an 8-3 win over the Salem Avalanche on Thursday night.
The K-Tribe batted around, scoring six runs in the top of the seventh inning to turn a two-run deficit into a 7-3 lead over Salem. The inning was highlighted by a two-run single by Argenis Reyes and a three-run homer by Brian Barton. It was Barton's team-leading 12th home run, a monster shot of the top of the scoreboard in right center field.
Barton, Choy Foo, Stephen Head and Matt Whitney each had two hits for the K-Tribe.
Chuck Lofgren (12-3) picked up his league leading 12th win of the season. He threw six innings, giving up seven hits and three earned runs. Michael Finnocchi and Kyle Collins combined for three innings of scoreless relief.
Kinston has won six of its last seven games, racing to a 12-8 record in the second half of the season. The Indians are now 59-31 overall, a season-high 18 games over .500.
Joe Ness takes the mound for Kinston today at 7:05 p.m. in Salem.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series