K-Tribe, Keys split key series
Published in Sports on July 21, 2006 2:10 PM
KINSTON -- Nolan Reimold hit a three-run, pinch-hit home run with two outs in the seventh inning that erased a two-run deficit and gave Frederick a 5-4 win Thursday at Grainger Stadium.
Reimold hit the homer off K-Tribe reliever T.J. Burton, giving Frederick a split of the four-game series.
Kinston took score all four of its runs in the bottom of the fifth inning. Brandon Pinckney singled in Caleb Brock to start the inning. Jordan Brown followed up a batter later with a two-run triple that brought home Micah Schilling and Pinckney. Brown later scored on a wild pitch, but that was all the scoring from Kinston bats on the night.
The K-Tribe had two on and just one out in the ninth, but a long drive off the bat of Brown bounced just a foot foul in the left field corner. A double play by Frederick one pitch later sealed the Indians' fate.
Burton (1-4) took the loss for the K-Tribe as Manuel Basilio (2-0) picked up the win for the Keys.
Kinston continues its homestand today as Potomac comes in for a three-game series.
Scott Lewis takes the mound for the K-Tribe at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series