Warren finishes 7th at GMGC event
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on July 21, 2006 2:10 PM
Recent Spring Creek graduate Stephen Warren fired a 71 at Goldsboro Municipal Golf Course on Tuesday and finished 7th in a one-day series event sponsored by the Tarheel Youth Golf Association.
Lee Bedford of Cary earned medalist honors with a 68, while Brad Cline of Thomasville finished second at 69. Eric Park, William Park and Rich Leeper, all of Chapel Hill, tied for 3rd with scores of 70.
Betty Jean Gurley captured game-of-the-week honors in the Spring Ringer tournament contested at Lane Tree Golf Course. Midgeon Knowles won low net, while Libby Newsome took low putts.
Gurley also emerged the game-of-the-week winnner for play ending in early July. Donna Adams and Linda Watson seized low net and low putts, respectively.
Watson finished second in low net during championship flight play in an Eastern Carolina Ladies League tournament. Newsome had first low gross in first flight action. Lou Ellen Flowers won second low net in the second flight.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series